Our new favourite local band Wharves is gearing up for the weekend (and the extra long weekend if you’re in Melbourne) – so they made us a weekend playlist. Check out the tunes below, along with why the band chose each one, and catch their brand new video for Love Decide below the beats.
- City Calm Down, Blood: Instant classic track by our idols CCD. Jack really goes for it with his gritty vocals – so excited for the new album!
- Rostam, Bike Dream: Amazing track we found through the song exploder podcast, 70s music of the future.
- Wolf Alice, Don’t Delete The Kisses: Beautifully captures a relationship from start to finish, and the neurotic re-writing of text messaging that happens in modern dating.
- Winston Surfshirt, Same Same: Hot damn! Our favourite track from their debut album Sponge Cake. The chorus hook gets stuck in my head for days.
- Cloud Control, Rainbow City: Such a well written song. Huge anthemic chorus with some incredible production.
- Holy Holy, True Lovers: Awesome synth sounds on this one, and am I hearing Brian May on this track?
- The Jungle Giants, Used To Be In Love: Mike works in a cafe where I select the tunes. This banger always makes the day go faster. The guitar hook is absolutely killer.
- Arcade Fire, Creature Comfort: My favourite song of the year so far. Perfect to run, dance or cry to – or all three.
- Waax, Wild & Weak: Such a massive tune, the glitchy guitars and huge chorus blow my mind every listen.
- Metz, Cellophane: Constructed chaos, noise and aggression designed to make you jump around like crazy.
Check out Wharves’ new video for Love Decide below.