Fox has announced that they have just commissioned six episodes of an animated series based on the epic geek movie Napoleon Dynamite, complete with characters voiced by original cast members including Jon Heder. FINALLY.
The official line is that the series is about “the misadventures of an awkward high school teenager and his quirky friends as they struggle to navigate life in rural Idaho,” but we know it’s really about ligers and sweet skills like computer hacking and working nunchucks.
Hopefully we get some more quotables from the series, as it seems the success of the project might be centered around bunging out lines like these beauties…
Top 5 quotes from Napoleon Dynamite:
1. Napoleon, don’t be jealous that I’ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to be a cage fighter.
2. Take a look at what I’m wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I’m wearing these bad boys? FORGET ABOUT IT.
3. You know, like nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills… Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
4. Really? It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It’s probably the best drawing I’ve ever done.
5. It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.